Monday 9 February 2015

Three reasons why York is better than anywhere else

Many people often ask me why I chose to come to study in York as it is inherently a small and quaint city. Although it may not boast many choices for clubbing, it possesses some pretty amazing traits.

One: You never tire of seeing the Minster
I am definitely not a religious person, yet there is something quite special about walking around the Minster at dusk on a Sunday. Considering the Minster is in the heart of the city, it is always so unbelievably tranquil.


Two: The North Yorkshire Moors is only 30 minutes away from the city





For those who need to take a break from York on a busy weekend, fear not as the North Yorkshire Moors National Park is only a short drive away. A lot of my childhood memories are spending time in the Moors as I am originally from County Durham, so revisiting here on a rare weekend off definitely brings about a sense of nostalgia. I ventured to the beautiful market town Helmsley, and decided I want to live with my future brood of sausage dogs in this lil Yorkshire town. Alex and I walked 6.4 miles from Helmsley Castle to Rievaulx Abbey, which for us amateurs is pretty impressive.

Three: The food (enough said)

Crumbs Cupcakery - 10 College Street
Brew & Brownie - 5 Museum Street
Betty's Tea Room - Saint Helen's Square
House of Trembling Madness - 48 Stonegate
Filmore & Union - 62A Low Petergate
Bryon Hamburgers - 11 High Ousegate

Anyone who knows me, either personally or through my Instagram/Food Diary, will understand the true extent to how much I love food. The food in York is so bloody amazing, that it is really damaging my overdraft facilities. I've heard that you can eat somewhere new every night of somebody's lifetime living in New York city, but clearly they haven't seen what Old York has to offer. 




1 comment:

  1. This is so true! Love York!!! That burger looks amazing too.

    ReplyDelete