Tuesday 29 July 2014

Three ways to transform your university room

One thing I've learnt from living in halls of residence is that you simply cannot make rooms look nice no matter how much you pay for your room. I'm now in my second year at the University of York which means that my friends and I have got our own house which is ridiculously exciting for me as I can finally customise everything (and I mean everything).

One thing I think is very important is to not get everything that matches as it will work out really expensive. The great thing about vintage patterns is the purpose is not meant to be stereotypically stylish; thrown together patterns defines vintage.


It may sound very cliché, but flowers really do brighten up your day. You can buy plain vases (or use an old Fentiman's lemonade glass bottle as vase like I did) really cheap so it is a very minor set back money-wise. Or if you're really frugal, you can always grow your own flowers if you have a decent garden at university.


One word: fairy lights. Whenever I have my fairy lights on, I can pretend that my room is a million miles away from endless research papers to read. Mine are from Ikea and cost only £14. Anything is possible with fairy lights.

And here's what I've got in my room...
Bedding Set
Owl Cushion
Vase
Fairy Lights


No comments:

Post a Comment